Translate

Thursday 17 October 2013

Sharks and turtles


Today was my day off. I had planned to go out on the manta research boat but there was a problem with the boat so it was cancelled. However I still had an awesome day off as I went to the staff beach in the morning and discovered that there were juvenile blacktip reef and lemon sharks in the shallows!




 Being a shark fanatic I was so excited that I grabbed my camera and jumped in the water. I spent over an hour swimming with them which was an amazing experience and it was fascinating to see how scared they were of me which is ironic considering the unfortunate reputation sharks have.


In the afternoon I was lucky enough to be able to go out on the turtle safari boat. We went to a reef just off another island, and all jumped into the water with our snorkelling equipment. We saw 3 turtles, moray eels and a whole host of amazing fish and coral.

I found nemo

Pufferfish






I went free diving with the turtles which was one of the best free diving experiences I’ve had!







I had a fantastic day but I am really looking forward to diving again tomorrow J

No comments:

Post a Comment