Translate

Wednesday 2 October 2013

Orientation Dive

Today I finally got signed off as fit to dive again and did an Orientation dive on the House Reef this morning which was lead by another intern. We did 3 skills; regulator recovery, out of air, and mask clearing. We then had a 40 minute dive which, as usual,  was like swimming through an aquarium! I am like a kid at Christmas every time I dive here because there is just so much to see and it is all amazing! Thousands of beautiful fish, corals and much more! We then ended the dive with a safety stop and practicing deploying our SMBs. 

Dive Details
Maximum Depth: 11.5m
Location: House Reef
Bottom Time: 47 min
Water Temperature: 30oc
Viz: 25m
Tank: 8L
Air on surfacing: 130 bar
Safety stop: 3 min, 5m

Marine Life: Wrasse, Blue-lines surgeonfish, Empress Angel fish,  Batfish, Lionfish, blue faced angelfish and many more!

Anemone fish, House Reef
Photo credit: Zoe Osborn 

In the afternoon I had to lead the orientation dive and having only dived the house reef a couple of times before I was slightly concerned I may end up surfacing on another island! However it all went perfectly and I found the heart, the rings and Charlie's Head (the landmarks we navigate to) and did my skill demo and SMB deployment without a glitch! I was very pleased with the first orientation dive I lead! :)

Dive Details
Maximum Depth: 9.5m
Location: House Reef
Bottom Time: 35 min
Water Temperature: 30oc
Viz: 20m
Tank: 8L
Air on surfacing: 110 bar
Safety stop: 3 min, 5m

Marine Life: Wrasse, Puffer fish  Blue-lines surgeonfish, Empress Angel fish,  Batfish, Lionfish, blue faced angelfish and many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment