Translate

Saturday 12 October 2013

First DSD I've done alone

Today I took my first DSD out alone. After showing him around the dive centre and teaching him theory we then went into the water and he practiced doing 3 skills: Reg remove and replace, reg recovery and mask clear. 

It was a rewarding experience for me as he struggled with the skills slightly and was initially nervous in the water but after we worked through them together he did them perfectly which gave me a real sense of achievement! We then went for a shallow confined water dive in the lagoon which he absolutely loved. I got a real sense of satisfaction from seeing how much he enjoyed it and when we surfaced he asked when he could come back to do it again.



 It felt great to know that I had given him such a great experience he wanted to do it again and that despite an initial struggle with skills, with patience and perseverance he got them perfectly in the end :)


No comments:

Post a Comment