Translate

Thursday 19 September 2013

Throwback Thursday



This time last year I was leaving the Algarve, Portugal after having spent 3 months working at a Dive Centre there whilst earning my PADI Divemaster qualification.


The average water temperature was between 13oc-16oc as it was the Atlantic Ocean and conditions were often rough with visibility ranging from 2-10m. 

On an average dive the marine life we would see includes conga eels, rays, octopus, spider crabs and sometimes morray eels. 

The most amazing life I saw on a dive was a seahorse which are really rare in that part of the ocean and an electric ray, like the one shown below:

Electric ray



Although diving in the Atlantic was often very cold and the conditions were challenging I believe it made me a better diver. Now when I go to dive in the Maldives it will be a a lot easier and more enjoyable but I will be prepared for bad conditions if they ever do arise.

No comments:

Post a Comment