Translate

Saturday 28 September 2013

First boat dive

This morning I arrived at the dive centre at 8am and swept all the floors, as presentation is paramount at the Four Seasons. I then was showed how to use the compressor to fill tanks with air and nitrox. 

As I was doing the 10am orientation dive I got my kit and the guest's kit ready and prepared the forms for them and the briefing. During the dive I did a demonstration of skills and then asked the guests to do them, I did regulator remove and replace, regulator recovery and mask clearing. Then one of the instructors lead the orientation dive around the house reef and I closed it.




Dive Details
Maximum Depth: 11m
Location: House Reef
Bottom Time: 36 min
Water Temperature: 28oc
Viz: 20m
Tank: 8L
Air on surfacing: 140 bar
Safety stop: 3 min, 5m

Marine Life: Morray eel, Wrasse, Blue-lines surgeonfish, Empress Angel fish,  Batfish, Lionfish, blue faced 
angelfish and many more.

In the afternoon I did my first boat dive here. We went to a reef wall 30 minutes away by boat and it was an incredible dive, I felt as though I was in an aquarium, I have never seen so many beautiful fish! The highlight of the dive for me was seeing a honeycomb moray eel which was just stunning!



Dive Details
Maximum Depth: 25m
Location: Reef
Bottom Time: 42 min
Water Temperature: 30oc
Viz: 30m
Tank: 12La
Air on surfacing: 60 bar
Safety stop: 3 min, 5m

Marine Life: Honeycomb moray eel, giant stingray, titan trigger fish, wrasse, Blue-lines surgeonfish, scorpion fish, lionfish and many more.



Unfortunately I did not have a camera with me on my dives, so please note that the images included are taken from Google to represent the species I saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment