Translate

Friday 10 April 2015

What you feel passionate about is not random, it's your calling

It is a truth universally acknowledged, albeit ignored by most, that if you're not doing what you love then you're wasting your time. So many people I know despise their jobs and moan about them constantly, they literally work so that they can continue working and live for the weekends.


I don't do my job for money. I just see money as transitory; a necessity to live, not something I aspire to accumulate as if that's the point of living and what defines life. I don't see the point in working a job I  hate just to benefit my bank account, after all we never know which day will be our last and you can't take it with you. Instead I live for the moment and I chose a lifestyle that allowed me to do what I love every day. I'm being paid to do what I would otherwise be paying to do. I can't ask for more than that.



I love the ocean, I have done ever since I can remember. I'm a total mermaid; I learnt to swim before I could walk and it's the one thing I cannot stand to be away from.  As one of my idols Duke Kahanamoku once said, "Out of water, I am nothing."






I've always felt an inexplicable connection to the ocean. It is the one place I feel most at home, I can't explain why. During my lifetime I have been extremely fortunate to have encounters with incredible creatures in the wild. I usually get very lucky in the ocean, seeing things that aren't commonly experienced. I've seen dolphins off the South coast of England, manatees off the beach in Florida, turtles in Greece, orcas, a seahorse and an electric Ray in Portugal, whale sharks and manta rays in the Maldives, eagle rays in Bermuda and sharks in Grand Cayman to name a few. I have an affinity with the ocean, sometimes it feels almost as if they were seeking me out.









No comments:

Post a Comment