Translate

Sunday 5 April 2015

The uninvited guest...

Today I went solo diving at Macabuca, Grand Cayman and it was the most liberating experience I've had. I didn't see another person underwater; it was just me and the marine life. I would much rather spend an hour hanging out with tarpon and turtles than concerning myself with the politics and drama that occur on the surface.

As Jules Verne once said, "On the surface of the ocean, men wage war and destroy each other; but down here, just a few feet beneath the surface, there is a calm and peace, unmolested by man."

French Angelfish

Tarpon

Tarpon

Queen Angelfish


Hawksbill turtle


French Grunt


Although, as divers we often forget how privileged we are to be able to intrude on the underwater world. What we must remember though, is that we are uninvited guests and we must respect that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment