Translate

Sunday 2 November 2014

The travel bug....

Most people memorise their phone number, I don't have a permanent phone number, but I know my passport number off by heart instead. 

I just don't understand how people go to another country and completely ignore and dismiss the culture there. When I travel I desperately wants to immerse myself in the culture and surround myself with local people. I absorb my surroundings until I'm saturated with new experiences and views.




I just can't comprehend a 1 week vacation, how on earth can you experience anything at all in that short space of time? I long to learn of our differences, new languages and ways of living. 

I love to meet the local people who often have no experience of life outside the small place they have spent their entire lives....I fall in love with the way we are so different, yet the same. I live for the little things because they make you realise that this is what life is about, this is what it means to be alive. 



Most people come back from their travels with a tan. I come back with so much more, enriched with everything be experienced on my journey. hindsight is a wonderful thing: I just wish I had appreciated every last second just a little bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment