Translate

Wednesday 13 August 2014

Ever felt like you were put here for a reason?


I suppose that I’ve never felt like I belong anywhere. Not in the stereotypical misfit sense, I mean I had friends, I was reasonably popular, I grew up in a nice area, but in terms of a sense of attachment to something. When I had my first real experiences with the ocean; catching my first wave and exploring the underwater world I suddenly felt like I had discovered the reason I had been put here. I finally found a place that I did belong: in the ocean.  


There is something indescribable about the feeling I get when I’m in the ocean; I feel so lost and yet so found, so vulnerable and yet so powerful and so engulfed and yet so free. I feel ALIVE. There is nothing quite like it. Being underwater is like being in another world, one which provides you with a chance to escape the stoic reverie we call human existence and just live.


All I know is I am nothing out of the ocean and I lost myself at sea. Don’t find me; don’t try to find me. I am free.


I have the dream job. I’m travel the world scuba diving different oceans and I am currently living on a beautiful island in the middle of the Atlantic, 900 miles from the nearest land mass. I get paid to scuba dive 3 times a day, whilst exploring shipwrecks and stunning reefs.


I wake up every day knowing that I’m incredibly lucky, however a lot of people tell me that I am lucky to be doing my job, but as Samuel Goldwyn once said; “The harder you work, the luckier you get.”




No comments:

Post a Comment