Translate

Thursday 7 August 2014

The Ocean



"The ocean never lets you down. It might surprise you, or frighten you, or challenge you, but it’s always there for you."



This quote summarises the overwhelming attachment I feel to the ocean. Regardless of where I am, what I'm doing or how I am feeling it is the only place I am guaranteed to find peace. It is and always will be, my happy place. I'm a mermaid, I spend more time in the water than I do out of it.


When I discovered free-diving I realised that there was another dimension to something I had already fallen so unconditionally in love with. When I went on and tried scuba diving for the first time I realised that it was my calling in life; spending time underwater felt so natural to me. 

I suppose that I have always been a thrill seeker, I can remember when I was a child, I was the one launching myself down a death slide whilst other little girls looked on in absolute horror. I never really developed a sense of fear which has proven to be both a blessing and a curse.

Of those who take the plunge, most find that diving quickly becomes a lifelong addiction. These people learn to work in pencil: Their boundaries change daily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment