Translate

Monday 2 December 2013

Seeing dolphins underwater is breath-taking

Yesterday I did 2 morning dives, the first to Nelivaru and the second to Dharavandhoo Thila in the Baa Atoll. 

We were blessed with 40m viz, 29oc water temperature and aquarium like conditions. The reef was teeming with life and on the first dive we saw mantis shrimp, tuna, scorpion fish, lion fish and batfish to name a few.

Mantis Shrimp


Glass Fish

Lion fish

Pufferfish


Anemone Fish

Aquarium like conditions

Scorpion  Fish


On the second dive I was lucky enough to see dolphins underwater for the first time! It was a truly mesmerizing experience and one which will stay with me for life. Sadly I didn't get a photo because I was enjoying the moment so much, however I did get some shots of a huge moray eel and other life we saw on the dive.

No comments:

Post a Comment