Translate

Thursday 22 November 2012

The Beginning

Ever since I can remember I have had an affinity with the ocean and I have done many different water sports from wind surfing to sailing to water skiing. However it wasn't until I started free diving that I realised what Dave Barry once noted, “when you finally see what goes on underwater, you realise that you've been missing the whole point of the ocean. Staying on the surface all the time is like going to the circus and staring at the outside of the tent.” This was just how I felt when I started spending time under the water.

 However I was only an amateur free diver and I felt the urge to be able to go deeper and for longer, so in 2010 I first discovered Scuba Diving and fell in love with it straight away. I completed my PADI Open Water and Advanced Open Water courses in one summer in Kefalonia where I was spoiled with 30m viz and 28oc waters. I then spent a summer working at a Dive Centre in the Algarve which was a challenge with Atlantic temperatures and conditions but i gained my PADI Divemaster and DSD leader qualifications.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment